Hi there, my name is Sebastian and I'm a concept artist, matte painter and illustrator. Born and raised in Bavaria under a french roof, I soon heard the call from the North and moved to Hamburg after studying graphic design in Munich. After gathering first experiences in advertising agencies I discovered the possibilities of digital art, visual development and animation and started my career in post productions.
After working in the advertising industry for 4 years, I moved to Vancouver and gained a bright range of experience in feature film as matte painting and concept artist at PIXOMONDO Vancouver. I worked on feature film and TV series such as: Midway, Goosebumps 2, Netflix's the OA2, A dog's way home, Sirens Season 2, Pegasus, to name a few.
Since then I've been working as a freelancer and had the opportunity to work in several studios on a bright range of shows, such as Mackevision, RISE FX Berlin (Wandavision, Dr.Sleep, Jim Button), Scanline VFX Munich (Nightlife, Tides) and DNEG (The fast and the furious 9) in London.
Photoshop, Nuke, Blender, Maya, Zbrush, After Effects, Premiere, Illustrator, Indesign
07. - 11. 2020: Matte Painter, Concept Artist // RISE FX Berlin
02. - 03. 2020: Matte Painter // DNEG London
09. - 11. 2019: Matte Painter, Concept Artist // Scanline Munich
04. - 06. 2019: Matte Painter, Concept Artist // RISE FX Stuttgart
2018 - 2019: Matte Painter, Concept Artist // Pixomondo Vancouver
2015 - 2018: Concept Artist, Matte Painter // Infected GmbH Hamburg
2014 - 2015: Concept Art Trainee // Liga01 Computerfilm Hamburg
- Telly Award 2018: "Gold - Craft in VFX" (Infected) // Mercedes X-Class "Follow"
"Silver - Craft in Character Design" (Infected) // Mercedes X-Class "Follow"
- Red Dot Design Award 2018 (Infected) // Mercedes X-Class "Follow"